In finance, chaos begets regulation and regulation begets confusion. That has generally been the cycle since the global financial crisis first took hold in 2008. Take, for example, the implementation of BCBS 239. Ayana Cavelle Richards is as close to an expert on the set of principles that were laid out by Basel Committee on Banking Supervision (BCBS) as there is.
While speaking at this year’s North American Financial Information Summit (Nafis), Richards, vice president of data governance for
Also: Trading Technologies is developing an OMS for the sell side and Orbital Insight is embracing a platform-as-a-service model.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 142: AWS Talks Cloud Adoption in the Capital Markets
- Alt Data’s Ethical Day of Reckoning
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 141: Brexit and Blockchain and Data, Oh My
- Data-Driven Regulators: Handling the Uptick in Regulatory Reporting
- Evolve or Die: Asset Managers Cultivate Data Science Teams