All eyes are on January 3, 2018. That, of course, is the day that the second iteration of the Markets in Financial Information Directive (Mifid II) takes effect. It’s a behemoth of regulation, a rule that has been causing consternation and colloquy for seven years now.
But from a regulatory perspective, 2018 will be remembered for more than just Mifid II, as it’s also when the General Data Protection Rule (GDPR) takes effect. Mention GDPR to people outside of the European Union, and you will
The founder and CEO of Imperative Execution looks at how trade execution is changing and what that means for the buy side.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Waters Rankings 2019: All the Winners
- Mizuho Finds New Ways to “Activate” its Data Using AI
- Barclays Nearly Finished with First Major Quantum Computing Experiment
- Banks, Asset Managers Turn to Web Scraping to Generate Alpha
- The AI Ethics Dilemma: Banks Find a Fine Line Between New Tech and 'What's Right'