The revised Markets in Financial Instruments Directive and Regulation, known collectively as Mifid II, has gone live in Europe as of January 3, 2018, prompting significant changes to trading practices across the 28-member bloc.
However, despite a one-year delay to Mifid II that was initially prompted by concerns that technology could not be developed in time to comply with the original deadline, some firms are still unaware that they even have a compliance obligation, specialists say.
Anthony and James examine some of the key themes that will be on display at the inaugural North American Innovation Summit.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Sell-Side Technology Awards 2018: All the Winners
- Hammonds Out as Deutsche Bank’s Leadership Woes Continue
- Bogen to Head Execution Services for Dash Financial
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 117: Machine Learning, Chatbots & Fintechs
- Veronica Augustsson: At the Crossroads of Business and Technology