Charley Cooper, a managing director at distributed-ledger technology (DLT) consortium R3, said that while the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) was “leading the way” in its interactions with the fintech sector, other federal regulators had shown little willingness to proactively engage.
This was a sharp contrast, he said, to nations such as the UK, where markets regulators such as the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) were “in the lab” with them. He was speaking during a meeting of th
Anthony and James talk about how regulators in the US are falling behind other nations' regulators, the lack of talk about Reg AT, and an SRO for cryptocurrencies.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Five Things to Consider About Crypto SROs
- Thesys CAT Appoints Information Security Chief
- Malaysia and Singapore to Establish Trading Link
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 108: Dan Schleifer Talks About the Challenges of Creating a Fintech
- Episode 109: An Overview of the CFTC Technology Advisory Committee’s Meeting