Sointu says all technologies operating within a highly regulated industry, or performing functions similar to a financial institution, should be subject to the same laws. But this is often not the case with virtual currencies.
“As a bank, we have to comply with a lot of regulations and laws,” he tells WatersTechnology. “So we find it questionable that there is a technology that does a bit of the same thing we do as a bank but is exempt from the laws and rules we have to comply with.”
A look at what's to come at FIA Boca; Finra was named the CAT plan processor; a Waters magazine relaunch.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Women in Technology & Data Awards 2019: All the Winners and Why they Won
- A Blueprint for Alternative Data in Asset Management
- AFTAs 2018 Winner's Video: SS&C Advent Bags Front Office and IT Team Categories
- Witad Awards 2019 Write-Ups: Vendor Partnership or Alliance Professional of the Year—Marisol Collazo, DTCC
- Witad Awards 2019 Write-Ups: Gender Equality Professional of the Year—Frieda Lewis, Broadridge Financial Solutions