Regulators are increasingly being challenged on how to prevent market abuse transferring into areas like blockchain and distributed-ledger technology (DLT), as the system begins to take hold in financial markets.
“This is not a question of us seeing necessarily new issues created by DLT,” said Chris Woolard, director of strategy and competition, and an executive board member at the UK’s Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). “It is more about existing issues that we see in other markets where there
Bryan Cross, who heads UBS Asset Management's QED group, joins to discuss alternative data and AI.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- The Problem Solver: Paul Bari, Nordea
- JP Morgan's FX Algo Tool Launches on Bloomberg Terminal
- Refinitiv Consolidates Data Insights on China's Belt and Road Initiative
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 153: Nasdaq's Lars Ottersgård
- CAT’s Tale: How Thesys, the SROs and the SEC Mishandled the Consolidated Audit Trail