Regulators are increasingly being challenged on how to prevent market abuse transferring into areas like blockchain and distributed-ledger technology (DLT), as the system begins to take hold in financial markets.
“This is not a question of us seeing necessarily new issues created by DLT,” said Chris Woolard, director of strategy and competition, and an executive board member at the UK’s Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). “It is more about existing issues that we see in other markets where there
The founder and CEO of Imperative Execution looks at how trade execution is changing and what that means for the buy side.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Waters Rankings 2019: All the Winners
- Mizuho Finds New Ways to “Activate” its Data Using AI
- Barclays Nearly Finished with First Major Quantum Computing Experiment
- The AI Ethics Dilemma: Banks Find a Fine Line Between New Tech and 'What's Right'
- Banks, Asset Managers Turn to Web Scraping to Generate Alpha