Nearly one year after sweeping changes to Europe’s trading rulebook went into force, market experts say that the new regime is still a long way from achieving its objectives of producing transparent and valuable information on trading activity across the continent.
Worse, say some, the rush to implement the revised Market in Financial Instruments Directive (Mifid II), has actually harmed the quality of data.
“No one can leverage the data and the quality of the data is pretty bad, and it is
Anthony and James look news pertaining to cryptocurriences and blockchain deployments, as well as AI and cloud.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2018: All the Winners
- In Praise of Perseverance: Laura Barrowman, Credit Suisse
- Brexit's Unintended Consequences Could Include Mifid III
- Alt-Data Difficulties Challenge Largest Asset Managers
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 145: CSDs Consider Crypto; Bank Robberies & AI; DTCC's Blockchain