Canadian securities regulator IIROC (the Investment Industry Regulatory Organization of Canada) has consolidated its equities and debt surveillance activities onto a tailored version of Nasdaq’s Smarts market surveillance platform.
Victoria Pinnington, SVP of market regulation at IIROC, says consolidating the regulator’s equities and debt surveillance operations onto the same platform is a new move, enabled by rolling out the tailored Smarts platform.
“Smarts provides surveillance for a large
The founder and CEO of Imperative Execution looks at how trade execution is changing and what that means for the buy side.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Waters Rankings 2019: All the Winners
- Mizuho Finds New Ways to “Activate” its Data Using AI
- Barclays Nearly Finished with First Major Quantum Computing Experiment
- The AI Ethics Dilemma: Banks Find a Fine Line Between New Tech and 'What's Right'
- Banks, Asset Managers Turn to Web Scraping to Generate Alpha