Blockchain, a distributed-ledger technology (DLT)—though the two terms are used interchangeably—has its fair share of skeptics, with many exchanges and banks still struggling to find use cases for the technology. In the post-trade space, however, blockchain may have a role to play.
Last week, the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) opened its Customer Development Environment (CDE) for DLT testing for its new clearing and settlements system. In late 2017, after a lengthy discussion period, the
The founder and CEO of Imperative Execution looks at how trade execution is changing and what that means for the buy side.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Waters Rankings 2019: All the Winners
- Mizuho Finds New Ways to “Activate” its Data Using AI
- Barclays Nearly Finished with First Major Quantum Computing Experiment
- The AI Ethics Dilemma: Banks Find a Fine Line Between New Tech and 'What's Right'
- Banks, Asset Managers Turn to Web Scraping to Generate Alpha