Though pioneered in the "big" datasets of consumer and social media data to identify retail trends and marketing opportunities, the concept of Big Data analysis is being adapted to the financial markets, where rising data volumes and the sheer breadth of "market data" content types create new types of Big Data challenges around mitigating risk and identifying trading opportunities in real time based on countless potential inputs and factors.
However, firms require complex and expensive tools and technology infrastructures to achieve these aims. The purpose of this webcast discussion will be to assess the opportunities and challenges involved, and where and how financial markets participants─and data providers that serve them─can benefit most from Big Data analysis technologies.
The webcast, sponsored by Thomson Reuters, addresses the following questions and more:-
- In what business areas has Big Data analysis proved most effective so far?
- How are firms approaching Big Data and Big Data analytics from a business adn technical point of view?
- What are the biggest challenges around using Big Data tools and analytics?
- What other areas have potential to benefit from Big Data analysis?
MAX BOWIE, editor, Inside Market Data (moderator)
ADAM BARON, director of Big Data Quantitative Research, Thomson Reuters
RAVEENDRA BHARADWAJ, chief data architect, global transaction banking, Deutsche Bank
TARUNDEEP DHOT, director of advanced analytics, CIBC
A discussion about blockchain projects in the capital markets, the crypto space and further delays for the CAT.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- A Blueprint for Alternative Data in Asset Management
- Witad Awards 2019 Write-Ups: Rising Star (End-User)—Irene Kan, TD Securities
- Women in Financial Services: The Shameful Truth
- Witad Awards 2019 Write-Ups: Legal/Compliance Professional of the Year—Miranda Morad, MarketAxess
- Witad Awards 2019 Write-Ups: Best Company for Diversity and Inclusion (Vendor)—Refinitiv