New York-based Pragma Securities has implemented a foreign exchange (FX) liquidity aggregation platform from trading technology vendor smartTrade Technologies.
Quantitative trading technology provider Pragma Securities' own algorithmic trading platform, Pragma 360 FX, will be augmented by smartTrade's LiquidityFX platform, aimed at providing FX liquidity aggregation through a wider selection of liquidity providers.
Aix-en-Provence, France-headquartered smartTrade Technologies won the inaugural Best Sell-Side OTC Trading Initiative category at this year's Sell-Side Technology Awards.
"smartTrade's offering is impressive and its flexible components allow us to meet the needs of clients who prefer us to provide them [with] liquidity aggregation as well as algorithmic trading logic," says David Mechner, CEO of Pragma Securities. "The fact that smartTrade provides a pure technology solution that we can host and manage as an integrated part of our offering was essential to us."
The founder and CEO of Imperative Execution looks at how trade execution is changing and what that means for the buy side.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Waters Rankings 2019: All the Winners
- Mizuho Finds New Ways to “Activate” its Data Using AI
- Barclays Nearly Finished with First Major Quantum Computing Experiment
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 166: Brian Lichtenberger on Alternative Data
- The AI Ethics Dilemma: Banks Find a Fine Line Between New Tech and 'What's Right'