Anthony says that while machine-learning models have been hit-and-miss during the pandemic, NLP is taking on greater importance. He also looks at how exchanges are looking to move their core matching engines to the cloud.
After its acquisitions of Red Hat and Promontory, IBM is looking to expand its footprint in the capital markets through containerization, as well as reg reporting in the cloud.
Quants wrestle with how far into the past their machine learning models should peer.
The supporters of a plan for a federated cloud architecture in Europe held a conference to discuss development plans, but it’s still unclear how the concept will work in practice.
- Fermi’s New Paradox: If AI Analysts Are So Obvious, Where is Everybody?
- Waters Wrap: Is AML Tech Worth the Cost? (And Cloud Moves & More Blockchain)
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2020 Winner's Interview: Matrix IDM
- This Week: BNP Paribas; Deutsche Börse/ISS; Nasdaq/Verafin; Tora/TP Icap; Gresham/Data-Xchange
- Wavelength Podcast Ep. 220: ESG in the News