The deal reflects the broader trend of market participants pursuing scale to create true front-to-back trading and data environments, which may signal a trading platform acquisition in the future—though the IHS Markit acquisition may face regulatory hurdles, first.
Technology vendors have begun adopting Kubernetes and Docker to speed up application development and deployment at banks, but rethinking old ways will not be easy.
Here are the 32 category winners from this year's virtual American Financial Technology Awards.
The supporters of a plan for a federated cloud architecture in Europe held a conference to discuss development plans, but it’s still unclear how the concept will work in practice.
- American Financial Technology Awards 2020: All the Winners
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2020 Winner's Interview: Matrix IDM
- ‘Massive Land Grab’: S&P’s IHS Markit Buy Creates Data Juggernaut, But Users Fear Price Hikes
- IBM Bets on Cloud & Containerization to Win Over Investment Banks
- Waters Wrap: Machine-Learning Models Suffer from Covid (And Exchanges in the Cloud, Pt. 2)