No matter how efficient a large firm is, it's tough to compete with a small tech firm that can quickly pivot to meet new customer desires. In addition to being so lean, most fintechs don't have compliance burdens financial firms must deal with on a consistent basis.
That might be changing though, according to Jim Gilligan, the recently retired president and CEO at Blue Cross Life Canada.
Gilligan, who sat on a panel at the Toronto Financial Information and Technology Summit 2016, said fintechs m
WatersTechnology attended the Futures Industry Association's annual conference in Boca Raton, Florida. These are the takeaways.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- The Insurgents: Fintechs Are Knocking Off Incumbents
- CFTC Commissioners Lash Out at EC Clearing Proposals
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 113: IBM's Lund on Blockchain's Evolution
- Wrestling Over Competing Mifid II, GDPR Data Demands
- MarketAxess Banks on Asian Electronic Markets with BlackRock Partnership