No matter how efficient a large firm is, it's tough to compete with a small tech firm that can quickly pivot to meet new customer desires. In addition to being so lean, most fintechs don't have compliance burdens financial firms must deal with on a consistent basis.
That might be changing though, according to Jim Gilligan, the recently retired president and CEO at Blue Cross Life Canada.
Gilligan, who sat on a panel at the Toronto Financial Information and Technology Summit 2016, said fintechs m
Also: Trading Technologies is developing an OMS for the sell side and Orbital Insight is embracing a platform-as-a-service model.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 141: Brexit and Blockchain and Data, Oh My
- Nasdaq, User Groups Fire Opening Salvoes in Looming Battle Over SIP Data Fees
- JPX Mulls Pooling Content into Data Lakes
- Alt Data’s Ethical Day of Reckoning
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 142: AWS Talks Cloud Adoption in the Capital Markets