NEW YORK—Ratings agency Standard & Poor’s (S&P) is jumping on the hedge fund bandwagon by launching a new index for the investment class created with the S&P Index Calculation Engine (Spice). The index will go live this fall. S&P has spent a year developing the index, utilizing the Spice technology, which is used for all the firm’s indexes, says Peter Roffman, vice-president of the company’s portfolio services.
Spice is capable of real-time multi-currency calculations and runs on an
Anthony and James look news pertaining to cryptocurriences and blockchain deployments, as well as AI and cloud.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- In Praise of Perseverance: Laura Barrowman, Credit Suisse
- Brexit's Unintended Consequences Could Include Mifid III
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 145: CSDs Consider Crypto; Bank Robberies & AI; DTCC's Blockchain
- Alt-Data Difficulties Challenge Largest Asset Managers
- Custody Seen as Crypto's Next Major Battleground