LONDON--Hedge fund manager HED Capital Management will launch a new $200 million fund, dubbed the Beaufort Chaos Fund, by June. London-based HED claims its chaos theory-based strategy obviates the need for derivatives.
The new long-short fund will trade US equities and attempt to identify trading opportunities on a universe of 2,000 stocks using chaos theory -- the study of how apparently random behaviour arises in deterministic non-linear dynamics.
"When we initially looked at applying
Anthony and James look news pertaining to cryptocurriences and blockchain deployments, as well as AI and cloud.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- In Praise of Perseverance: Laura Barrowman, Credit Suisse
- Brexit's Unintended Consequences Could Include Mifid III
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 145: CSDs Consider Crypto; Bank Robberies & AI; DTCC's Blockchain
- Alt-Data Difficulties Challenge Largest Asset Managers
- Custody Seen as Crypto's Next Major Battleground