I could not help but be reminded of that risk/reward/punishment framework last week, when the Obama Administration unveiled new proposals clamping down on the too-big-to-fail Wall Street banks that, despite playing a part in the current economic crisis, have so far outmanoeuvred regulatory efforts to rein them in.
The president's proposals would effectively end proprietary trading at banks that take commercial deposits, and these firms would be prohibited from owning, sponsoring or investing in
Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 97: C-Level Execs Talk Bitcoin, Fintechs, Cognitive Computing & Open-Source Tech
In separate interviews, executives from AQR, JPMorgan, Cboe and IBM discuss topics permeating the capital markets.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Bloomberg’s Chat Gambit: The Feint Before a Knockout?
- Gardening, Uber & Culture: Takeaways from this year's WatersTechnology Innovation Summit
- EU Gets Tough on ‘Research’ Unbundling
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 96: CAT Concerns & Big Tech Takes Aim at Asset Managers
- Fintech Could Demolish Europe’s Capital Markets Union Barriers