While the vendor declines to provide specific latency figures, citing competitive concerns, officials say it was able to reduce the median tick-to-trade latency of its Rival Trader platform and Rival API by 25 percent as a result of software optimization efforts.
"The speed-up is achieved by carefully reworking the software to place the most commonly used data elements in contiguous memory space, which maximizes our chance of keeping them optimally cached, and reducing data retrieval time," says
Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 97: C-Level Execs Talk Bitcoin, Fintechs, Cognitive Computing & Open-Source Tech
In separate interviews, executives from AQR, JPMorgan, Cboe and IBM discuss topics permeating the capital markets.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Bloomberg’s Chat Gambit: The Feint Before a Knockout?
- Gardening, Uber & Culture: Takeaways from this year's WatersTechnology Innovation Summit
- EU Gets Tough on ‘Research’ Unbundling
- BST Awards 2017 Winners' Interview: SimCorp
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 97: C-Level Execs Talk Bitcoin, Fintechs, Cognitive Computing & Open-Source Tech