Today’s mantra: run your market data department like a business. That’s the philosophy at Bear Stearns and Barclays Capital, at least.
This is more than just the latest trend. With expenses remaining under close scrutiny, market data managers are putting business protocols into place. The aim is to control costs but also to make the business consuming these services understand what it pays and why.
Bear Stearns, for instance, has designed a number of processes to reduce unnecessary expenses. F
Anthony and James look at developments pertaining to the Consolidated Audit Trail and wonder if big-tech companies could challenge traditional asset managers.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Bloomberg’s Chat Gambit: The Feint Before a Knockout?
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 96: CAT Concerns & Big Tech Takes Aim at Asset Managers
- Gardening, Uber & Culture: Takeaways from this year's WatersTechnology Innovation Summit
- Systematic Internalizer Ranks Swell Ahead of Mifid II
- Deutsche Bank's Innovation Guru Shares Secrets at Inaugural Innovation Summit