A number of regulations due to take effect between now and 2018 will have a major impact on Europe's single market in financial services, which encompasses European Union countries, plus Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein and Andorra. All affect reporting and some will require legal entities to be identified using a standardized legal entity identifier (LEI).
In the single market, an LEI is currently used when reporting derivative trades to transaction repositories to identify the counterparties or
Anthony and James look at developments pertaining to the Consolidated Audit Trail and wonder if big-tech companies could challenge traditional asset managers.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Bloomberg’s Chat Gambit: The Feint Before a Knockout?
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 96: CAT Concerns & Big Tech Takes Aim at Asset Managers
- Gardening, Uber & Culture: Takeaways from this year's WatersTechnology Innovation Summit
- EU Gets Tough on ‘Research’ Unbundling
- Systematic Internalizer Ranks Swell Ahead of Mifid II