LONDON--Securities regulators in the UK have issued guidelines to foreign mutual fund distributors and money managers that advertise and sell their investments via the Internet. The guidelines are part of an effort by officials from the Financial Services Authority to protect investors from falsely advertised investments on the Internet, and they seek to determine which mutual fund Web sites are accessible to UK investors.
The issue is of particular concern to US fund companies, which have
Anthony and James look news pertaining to cryptocurriences and blockchain deployments, as well as AI and cloud.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- In Praise of Perseverance: Laura Barrowman, Credit Suisse
- Brexit's Unintended Consequences Could Include Mifid III
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 145: CSDs Consider Crypto; Bank Robberies & AI; DTCC's Blockchain
- Alt-Data Difficulties Challenge Largest Asset Managers
- Custody Seen as Crypto's Next Major Battleground