The first roll-out of the consolidated audit trail (CAT) was largely smooth, but the system still needs to evolve further to be able to handle the influx of information coming from the industry next year, its builders say.
Thesys CAT, a unit of Thesys Technologies LLC that built the CAT system, says it processed over 58 billion records of equities, options, and market data.
The first roll-out was strictly limited to self-regulatory organizations (SROs) like exchanges and groups including the
A discussion about blockchain projects in the capital markets, the crypto space and further delays for the CAT.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- A Blueprint for Alternative Data in Asset Management
- Witad Awards 2019 Write-Ups: Rising Star (End-User)—Irene Kan, TD Securities
- Women in Financial Services: The Shameful Truth
- Witad Awards 2019 Write-Ups: Legal/Compliance Professional of the Year—Miranda Morad, MarketAxess
- Witad Awards 2019 Write-Ups: Best Company for Diversity and Inclusion (Vendor)—Refinitiv