The Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) released a series of investor bulletins, investigative reports and statements late on July 25, detailing its examination of a recent case of fraud in the ether digital currency.
It found that certain initial coin offerings (ICOs), which act as a form of equity crowdfunding by allowing investors to purchase tokens or coins that entitle them to a share of a company or project, can behave in the same way as traditional investments. As such, the SEC says
Also: Trading Technologies is developing an OMS for the sell side and Orbital Insight is embracing a platform-as-a-service model.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 141: Brexit and Blockchain and Data, Oh My
- Nasdaq, User Groups Fire Opening Salvoes in Looming Battle Over SIP Data Fees
- JPX Mulls Pooling Content into Data Lakes
- Alt Data’s Ethical Day of Reckoning
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 142: AWS Talks Cloud Adoption in the Capital Markets