As the saga of the Consolidated Audit Trail (CAT) continues, the committee handling the project left the industry in limbo on February 20, as it refused, or said it was unable to answer, key questions during a highly anticipated webcast.
Despite the lack of a new technical lead following news that Thesys CAT will no longer be the plan processor, deadlines and technical guidelines for the industry to start reporting trades to the database remain the same, the operating committee said.
A discussion about blockchain projects in the capital markets, the crypto space and further delays for the CAT.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- A Blueprint for Alternative Data in Asset Management
- Witad Awards 2019 Write-Ups: Rising Star (End-User)—Irene Kan, TD Securities
- Women in Financial Services: The Shameful Truth
- Witad Awards 2019 Write-Ups: Legal/Compliance Professional of the Year—Miranda Morad, MarketAxess
- Witad Awards 2019 Write-Ups: Technology Innovator of the Year (Vendor)—Regina Williamson, London Stock Exchange Group