Investment firms have been banging heads over standardization problems for decades. Yet the recent efforts to establish a common model for derivatives trading is bringing to light the sheer scale of implementing industry-wide standards across all reported instruments in the future.
“To do this industry-wide, it would cost billions of dollars to implement and I don’t think I can see it happening,” says Matt Hampson, deputy chief digital officer at Nomura.
Nevertheless, the industry is
Julie Lerner joins to talk about the hemp market and PanXchange's launch of a hemp exchange.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Plato’s Planned Platform Could Serve as Precursor to European Consolidated Tape
- Consolidated Tape Will Not Make Data Cheaper
- Blockchain Could Unlock Value of Real Estate as an Asset Class
- Bloomberg Expands Regulatory Reporting Suite with RegTek Buy
- Real Estate as a Tradeable Asset Class Faces Data Hurdles