When Scott O’Malia was sworn in as commissioner of the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC), the regulatory body was still relying principally on fax machines to receive data, which staff members would then manually enter into the CFTC’s own systems. No, this was not 1999—it was late 2009, a full year after the near collapse of the financial system and a few months before the largest regulatory overhaul in history was signed into law.
When it comes to technology, the CFTC is a little too
Bill Murphy, CTO of Blackstone, once again joins the podcast to discuss the private equity firm's new offices, designed to house its innovations team.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Chicago Code: A Profile of DRW's Seth Thomson
- AFTAs 2017: Best IT Team—Charles Schwab Investment Management
- Buy Side Bands Together on Blockchain Vision in Landmark Paper
- The Kids Aren’t Alright: A Look at How K-12 Schools Are Failing to Teach Programming
- AFTAs 2017: Best Analytics Initiative—Credit Suisse