The buy-side tech provider is using the ontology internally to integrate multiple systems and sees prospects for wider industry adoption.
Since launching DataCare in April 2020, the vendor has signed up eight clients, including Zurich Group Investment Management.
The Aladdin platform, which holds trillions of dollars, aims to show whether funds are burning the Earth or saving it.
The alternative data sector is still relatively nascent, and as such buy-side firms have struggled with how best to incorporate these non-traditional sources of information. While sources say that there will be continued M&A in the market, how those deals go down—and for what reasons—will vary.
Wei-Shen and Tony explore the idea of big tech companies disrupting the traditional Wall Street vendors.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Bank consortium led by SocGen seeks to cure post-trade data ills
- Alt data’s second inning: Brace for a long M&A game
- Google-Greenwich: Financial firms agree on cloud's ubiquity, but vary widely on use cases
- Waters Wrap: Owning the data & doing something unique with it—the ultimate alchemy
- Companies race to tackle widening cybersecurity talent gap