James Rundle, WatersTechnology's US editor, and Anthony Malakian, editor at large for WatersTechnology, record a weekly podcast touching on the biggest stories in financial technology.
To hear the full interview, listen in the player above, or you can download it.
This week, Anthony and James first look at Nasdaq’s $190 million bid for Cinnober Financial Technologies (1:00-9:30) and then they examine what Wall Street has learned in the 10 years since the collapse of Lehman Brothers (9:30-22:30). Contrary to some, they think that the industry has learned many lessons since September 2008. They wrap things up by taking a peek at New York University (NYU) offering a major in cryptocurrencies and blockchain technology and why that’s a sign of a larger problem (22:30-33:00).
As is the case with everything we do, we'd love to get some feedback from our listeners. Feel free to reach out to Anthony or James via Twitter or email.
Past 10 episodes:
Bryan Cross, who heads UBS Asset Management's QED group, joins to discuss alternative data and AI.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- JP Morgan's FX Algo Tool Launches on Bloomberg Terminal
- The Problem Solver: Paul Bari, Nordea
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 154: Bryan Cross, UBS Asset Management
- CAT’s Tale: How Thesys, the SROs and the SEC Mishandled the Consolidated Audit Trail
- Refinitiv Consolidates Data Insights on China's Belt and Road Initiative