James Rundle, WatersTechnology’s editor, and Anthony Malakian, editor at large, record a weekly podcast touching on the biggest stories in financial technology.
To hear the full interview, listen in the player above, or you can download it.
With James away in London, Wei-Shen Wong, Asia editor for WatersTechnology, calls in from Hong Kong to give her perspective on trends unfolding in the Asia-Pacific region. They talk about blockchain (3:15), cryptocurrencies and—separately—tokenization (14:15), various forms of artificial intelligence and automation efforts (20:00), the proliferation of cloud usage in the region (25:30), and the feud that unfolded between India and Singapore earlier this year and what’s ahead for the two nations (28:00). They wrap things up by admitting to their favorite Netflix shows that bring them shame (35:30) and Wei-Shen talks about some of the stories she’s working on for 2019 (48:30).
As is the case with everything we do, we’d love to get some feedback from our listeners. Feel free to reach out to Anthony or James via Twitter or email.
Past 10 episodes:
A look at what's to come at FIA Boca; Finra was named the CAT plan processor; a Waters magazine relaunch.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- A Blueprint for Alternative Data in Asset Management
- Women in Technology & Data Awards 2019: All the Winners and Why they Won
- Witad Awards 2019 Write-Ups: Rising Star (End-User)—Irene Kan, TD Securities
- Witad Awards 2019 Write-Ups: Legal/Compliance Professional of the Year—Miranda Morad, MarketAxess
- Witad Awards 2019 Write-Ups: Vendor Partnership or Alliance Professional of the Year—Marisol Collazo, DTCC