James Rundle, WatersTechnology’s editor, and Anthony Malakian, editor at large, record a weekly podcast touching on the biggest stories in financial technology.
To hear the full interview, listen in the player above, or you can download it.
This week Bill Murphy, chief technology officer of Blackstone Group, joins to discuss his firm’s migration to the public cloud and what he views as being best practices for going to the cloud. This is Bill’s fourth time on the show. Here are the links to his previous conversations.
A Conversation About the Public Cloud
1:45 Where is Blackstone in its cloud migration journey?
4:30 Where is the industry as a whole when it comes to cloud adoption?
6:30 How can you “do the cloud wrong”?
8:00 As these platforms become more mission-critical for everyone, how concerned are you about outages?
12:00 Beyond price, what other factors come into play when choosing between Amazon, Google or Microsoft?
16:00 What does Blackstone’s three-year cloud roadmap look like?
18:15 What were some of the lessons learned as Blackstone went down this path?
22:00 How do you build in an efficient governance layer to prevent cloud sprawl?
25:00 How do you incorporate new technologies into the overall cloud strategy?
26:30 When you start, what gets migrated first?
30:00 What’s new after the Thomson Reuters/Refinitiv acquisition?
32:00 New Year’s resolutions.
As is the case with everything we do, we’d love to get some feedback from our listeners. Feel free to reach out to Anthony or James via Twitter or email.
Past 10 episodes:
A look at what's to come at FIA Boca; Finra was named the CAT plan processor; a Waters magazine relaunch.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Women in Technology & Data Awards 2019: All the Winners and Why they Won
- A Blueprint for Alternative Data in Asset Management
- AFTAs 2018 Winner's Video: SS&C Advent Bags Front Office and IT Team Categories
- Witad Awards 2019 Write-Ups: Vendor Partnership or Alliance Professional of the Year—Marisol Collazo, DTCC
- Witad Awards 2019 Write-Ups: Gender Equality Professional of the Year—Frieda Lewis, Broadridge Financial Solutions