Chicago-based futures trading software vendor Trading Technologies (TT) had spent over two decades building out its flagship X_Trader platform. So, when the vendor decided to completely change course and phase out the monolith, hard-install trading platform in place of a software-as-a-service offering built using a cloud architecture, it surprised some, including people within the four walls of TT.
By 2012, when the company made this decision to change everything, cloud computing was hardly
Bloomberg’s Gerard Francis looks at the challenges that capital markets firms face when trying to incorporate alternative datasets.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Sell-Side Technology Awards 2019: All the Winners and Why They Won
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 161: Gerard Francis of Bloomberg
- Sell-Side Technology Awards 2019: Best Data Provider to the Sell Side—FactSet
- Data Standardization Remains Top ESG Roadblock
- Banks and Bourses Increasingly Combine Cloud, AI for Data Projects