Anthony Malakian, US editor of Waters, and James Rundle, news editor of Waters, record a weekly podcast touching on the biggest stories in financial technology.
This week, Anthony and James look at two major announcements coming out of IBM and then turn their attention, once again, to the review of the Markets in Financial Instruments (Mifid II) and how the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) is concerned about industry preparedness as January draws near. They end things by giving their thoughts—sans sophistication—on the first episode of Game of Thrones’s seventh season.
9:30 A broader discussion of how IBM has been aggressively targeting the financial services sector in 2017.
16:30 Questions remain around Legal Entity Identifier (LEI) rules.
18:30 A quick bar recommendation (hence, why all the cursing).
19:30 A recap of Sunday’s Game of Thrones season premiere (with apologies to Ed Sheeran).
As is the case with everything we do, we'd love to get some feedback from our listeners. Feel free to reach out to Anthony via Twitter or email.
Past 10 episodes:
WatersTechnology attended the Futures Industry Association's annual conference in Boca Raton, Florida. These are the takeaways.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- The Insurgents: Fintechs Are Knocking Off Incumbents
- CFTC Commissioners Lash Out at EC Clearing Proposals
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 113: IBM's Lund on Blockchain's Evolution
- Wrestling Over Competing Mifid II, GDPR Data Demands
- MarketAxess Banks on Asian Electronic Markets with BlackRock Partnership