Anthony Malakian, US editor of Waters, and James Rundle, news editor of Waters, record a weekly podcast touching on the biggest stories in financial technology.
This week, Anthony and James look at two major announcements coming out of IBM and then turn their attention, once again, to the review of the Markets in Financial Instruments (Mifid II) and how the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) is concerned about industry preparedness as January draws near. They end things by giving their thoughts—sans sophistication—on the first episode of Game of Thrones’s seventh season.
9:30 A broader discussion of how IBM has been aggressively targeting the financial services sector in 2017.
16:30 Questions remain around Legal Entity Identifier (LEI) rules.
18:30 A quick bar recommendation (hence, why all the cursing).
19:30 A recap of Sunday’s Game of Thrones season premiere (with apologies to Ed Sheeran).
As is the case with everything we do, we'd love to get some feedback from our listeners. Feel free to reach out to Anthony via Twitter or email.
Past 10 episodes:
The founder and CEO of Imperative Execution looks at how trade execution is changing and what that means for the buy side.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Waters Rankings 2019: All the Winners
- Mizuho Finds New Ways to “Activate” its Data Using AI
- Barclays Nearly Finished with First Major Quantum Computing Experiment
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 166: Brian Lichtenberger on Alternative Data
- The AI Ethics Dilemma: Banks Find a Fine Line Between New Tech and 'What's Right'