James Rundle, WatersTechnology’s editor, and Anthony Malakian, editor at large, record a weekly podcast touching on the biggest stories in financial technology.
Martin Boyd, global head of FIS’s institutional and wholesale business unit, which represents the legacy SunGard suite of services, joins to discuss everything from fintechs to regulation to machine learning to cloud. Before that, though, Anthony and James provide their takeaway after writing extensively about the Consolidated Audit Trail (CAT).
2:15-18:00 Anthony and James look at the train wreck that is the Consolidated Audit Trail.
21:00 Martin Boyd joins the podcast and first looks at the state of the fintech community.
25:30 How does FIS try to interact with that fintech community?
29:30 Where are there still opportunities for fintechs to make an impact?
32:00 A look at how artificial intelligence comes into play.
34:30 How does the regulatory environment drive tech spend?
39:30 Cloud is becoming much more important.
42:00 Where will innovation come from in the next few years?
As is the case with everything we do, we'd love to get some feedback from our listeners. Feel free to reach out to Anthony or James via Twitter or email.
Past 10 episodes:
A discussion about blockchain projects in the capital markets, the crypto space and further delays for the CAT.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- A Blueprint for Alternative Data in Asset Management
- Witad Awards 2019 Write-Ups: Rising Star (End-User)—Irene Kan, TD Securities
- Women in Financial Services: The Shameful Truth
- Witad Awards 2019 Write-Ups: Legal/Compliance Professional of the Year—Miranda Morad, MarketAxess
- Witad Awards 2019 Write-Ups: Technology Innovator of the Year (Vendor)—Regina Williamson, London Stock Exchange Group